A real limitation in defining regions

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:24:41 -0700 (MST)

Following up on my previous message, I now have a problem involving the
creation of regions which does not seem surmountable.

The array of square, long RPPs will be enclosed in a circular iron tube.
The tube is easy to define, with a RCC for the outer radius and a smaller
RCC for the inner radius.

The RPPs will be inside the smaller RCC. Even though the RPPs will,
together, approximate a circle, there is some leftover space. We
will have other detector pieces (with different materials) in this space,
but they will not fill it up completely.

If every point has to be in one (and only one) region, how do I define a
region for the leftover space? The outer boundary is simple (the
smaller RCC radius) but the inner boundary is very irregular. Do I have
really have to subtract the >2700 bodies from the body of the smaller RCC?

Thank you,
Joe Comfort