DPMJET, SPECSOUR, and heavy ion collisions?

From: Samuel Hedges <schedges_at_lbl.gov>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:31:01 -0800

Dear FLUKA users,

I am having some problems detecting collisions of heavy ions somewhere
above 20.8GeV momentum. When SPECSOUR what(1) is set to 2.8 or 20.8 GeV,
USRBDX detects particles. At significantly higher energies I tested (208,
2080GeV) I am not detecting any particles, but the fluka runs are
completing. Around 5GeV my fluka runs don't seem to complete, or if they do
they are taking significantly longer than the other runs. Is there a way to
check whether DPMJET was properly compiled/linked with fluka when it was
installed? For SPECSOUR, is what(1) the momentum per amu like the BEAM card
or per colliding particle? I'm using fluka2011.2 with flair 0.9-6. I'm also
not sure I have all the necessary cards for heavy ion collisions. Attached
is my input.

Thanks,

Samuel Hedges