Re: peaks in the pulse height spectrum

From: Mary Chin <mary.chin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:14:39 +0100

Hai Weihua,

Applying a spreading function would no longer be Monte Carlo. I am not
sure how meaningful it would be to post-process that way. Otherwise, there
is of course a standard palette of blurring functions (the most common one
being Gaussian) one can technically pull off-the-shelve in Signal
Processing. Technically one can, but consider the validity, and consider
how are you going to treat different radiation conditions (energy at the
time of collision, local composition, the events upstream and downstream,
...)

:) mary