Re: question on ROT-DEFI

From: Jan Blaha <jan.blaha_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:39:23 +0100

Dear Chris and Francesco,

thanks a lot for your prompt response and explanation. I have modified
my geometry in order to use only allowed nested structures and, as
expected, everything works fine. However, It should be good to modify
flair (geometry editor) in a way which will help to avoid the
utilization of structures that don't work in fluka.

Cheers,
Jan

On 03/08/2012 11:28 AM, Francesco Cerutti wrote:

> Hi Jan
>
>> Is there something I've overlooked?
>
> yes, only one nesting structure is supported:
> http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/4100.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Francesco

> Francesco Cerutti
> CERN-EN/STI
> CH-1211 Geneva 23
> Switzerland
> tel. ++41 22 7678962
> fax ++41 22 7668854
>
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Jan Blaha wrote:
>
>> Dear fluka users,
>>
>> I've built a geometry where I combine two transformations with two
>> ROT-DEFI cards (rot1 and rot2) in following structure:
>>
>> $Start_transform -rot1
>> BODY DEFINITION
>> $Start_transform -rot2
>> BODY DEFINITION
>> $End_transform
>> $End_transform
>>
>> and I've got this error:
>>
>> *** Start_transform directive without corresponding End_transform,
>> execution terminated ***
>>
>> But if I use structure (where rot3 is a combination of rot1 and rot2):
>>
>> $Start_transform -rot1
>> BODY DEFINITION
>> $End_transform
>> $Start_transform -rot3
>> BODY DEFINITION
>> $End_transform
>>
>> everything works well. I thought that I can combine several
>> transformations.
>> Is there something I've overlooked?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Jan

Jan Blaha                          Office: 561-R-011
CERN/DGS-RP                        Phone:  +41 22 767 9567
1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland        e-mail: jan.blaha_at_cern.ch