Re: USRBIN strange results

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Vladimir,

in my experience, this kind of "wave" shapes are caused by the non uniform
thickness of the vacuum chamber wall. They are a kind of "radiography" of the
vacuum chamber wall made at a very slanted angle, which amplifies the effect
of different wall thicknesses. I have got a similar pattern on radiographic
films exposed at the end of a vacuum chamber.

Of course, I may be wrong. But in your picture it is not clear what the
shape of the vacuum chamber is.

Alberto