Re: Can FLUKA (or flair ) be used to caculate region volumes?

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:10:28 -0700

I agree that such a functionality directly within FLUKA/FLAIR would be a great addition.

It cuts down errors associated with calculating/inputting volumes by hand (for USRTRACK/USRBIN estimators), especially
for multi-zonal regions.
Also since SimpleGeo requires a windows box, it adds another level of complexity for those running FLUKA/FLAIR on Linux.
   I have not used SimpleGeo yet so I do not know all the advantages and disadvantages (importing the geom back and forth).

In the eyes of FLUKA/FLAIR gurus, will adding such a feature be feasible/possible?

Best wishes,
Mina