Re: Region binning issue

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 14:43:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mina
The behaviour that you see is correct. If you wish to score separately the
three regions, you should use ONE region set, going from rVconv1 to
rvconv3. When using several regio sets , the energy of the sets are summed
together ( see below the relevant note in the fluka manual)
so: ( not formatted )
USRBIN 12. ENERGY -62. rWconv3 BPEnDisR
USRBIN rWconv1 1. &

    " 15) When scoring region binning and more than one set of regions is
defined, each of the sets (2 or
     3) must have the same number of regions. The first bin will contain
the sum of what is contained in the first regions of each set, the
second bin the sum of the scores of the second regions, etc. "

Ciao
Paola
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have divided up the converter for a project into three regions. I score
> deposited energy by beam particles, using
> region binning of a usrbin estimator:
>
> USRBIN 12. ENERGY -62. rWconv1 rWconv2
> rWconv3BPEnDisR
> USRBIN rWconv1 rWconv2 rWconv3 1. 1. 1.&
> AUXSCORE USRBIN BEAMPART BPEnDisR
>

> So in one usrbin, I have:
>
> R1from rWconv1 R1to rWconv1
> R2from rWconv2 R2to rWconv2
> R3from rWconv3 R3to rWconv3
>
> In flair, the options for choosing R1, R2, or R3, are no available (not
> activated). So when I plot the distribution, I
> see the image included in this file. And from data file, I only see the
> deposited energy for all three regions combined:
>

> 3 0 rWconv1:0 0.127333968878 0.000203874937142
>
> -11 -2 -2 0 -6 2 0.0 0.0
> -10.89 -2 -2 0 -5.89 2 0.0 0.0
> -10.78 -2 -2 0 -5.78 2 0.0 0.0
> -10.67 -2 -2 0 -5.67 2 0.0 0.0
> and so on.
> I am including the gzipped dat file with this message as well.
>

> This doesn't seem right. I would have expected to be able to choose R1,
> R2, or R3, seeing the deposited energy in each
> region separately... Anyone knows what is going on?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
> Mina

Paola Sala
INFN Milano