Re: Access Code

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:17:46 +0200

Dear Carl

the models you mention are the product of years of work - still ongoing
to constantly improve them - and certainly cannot be quickly
summarized/browsed. Unfortunately the project of editing a FLUKA physics
manual did not succeed (yet) due to lack of time and resources.
Proton interactions in the (huge) range you indicated, are treated in
FLUKA by different ingredients as a function of the energy, with a smooth
transition at few GeV from resonance production to dual parton model (DPM)
and then resorting to the interface to the DPMJET code [used also for
nucleus-nucleus interactions above 5GeV/n] above 20 TeV (projectile energy
on target at rest). This is somewhat mentioned in the hadronic interaction
lecture of the beginner course

https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/jlab2012/Lectures/11_Hadronic_Interactions_0412.pdf

On the other hand, the source code can be requested through a specific
procedure indicated on the website, but I would certainly exclude that
this is a viable way to figure out an exhaustive picture of the
theoretical ingredients, due to the natural complexity of the code.

Best

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI