RE: Differences in neutron + proton spectra between Fluka/DPMJET v Phojet 1.12

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:02:41 +0000

Dear Paul,

The origin of the differences you observe between standalone Phojet 1.12
and FLUKA/DPMJET-III pp collision products is twofold:

First, when generating pp collisions with SPECSOUR in the DPMJET energy
range you need to provide in addition the PHYSICS cards with SDUM=LIMITS
and WHAT(1) set to a value "larger than one half of the centre-of-mass energy"
(quote from the slides from the 2010 FLUKA course in Portugal).
When applying this card the agreement between Phojet 1.12 and FLUKA/DPMJET-III
improves.

However, even with the PHYSICS card a discrepancy still remains which can
be explained by fragmentation parameters which have been modified in DPMJET-III
for tuning of AA collisions (thanks to Stefan Roesler for clarifying this point!). The
version you are using is rather old and parameters have evolved over time.

I hope this answers your question (despite the very late answer).

Cheers, Anton