RE: problem with running FLUKA

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:00:47 +0200

Dear Sudeshna

> *** Unable to resolve name element R064 in card ***
> EMFCUT -0.0003 0.0001 0.0 R064a
> *...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8

FLUKA reads R064 instead of R064a, since there is a format mistake in the
line above (the region name crosses the boundary between WHAT(4) and
WHAT(5)), most likely due to your manual adjustment of the input file.

> WARNING: Invalid what(s)= [1, 3]
> EMFCUT 1E-8 5E-7 254. RBCM1F RBCM1F

Moreover, remember that ---> WHAT(3) must be set to 0.0 or blank (leading
particle biasing must not be requested through EMFCUT) and
---> WHAT(1)=1E-8 makes no sense in two respects: i. since it is positive,
it is interpreted as total energy and therefore should not be lower than
512keV (511keV electron/positron mass energy + 1keV minimum
electron/positron kinetic energy threshold); ii. if negative (as I would
recommend, and can be now conveniently achieved by Flair), it is
interpreted as kinetic energy and the lowest value, as recalled above, is
1keV (-1.E-6)

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti