RE: Bug in geometry debugger

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:09:43 +0200

Dear Joseph,
you have just hit a numerical precision problem, that FLUKA was trying to protect.
For a certain position in the GEOEND scanning FLUKA generates a ray that passes
exactly from an edge of a RCC. However due to precision FLUKA returns
the Rin (Distance to inside RCC) > than Rout (Distance to out) in the last
4-5 digits. Something that can only happen on CONCAVE objects therefore only
on QUA. However the type is not QUA and FLUKA stops.

We are working on a fix, in the mean time a temporary solution would be to
set a different scanning grid e.g.
221x221x701
and you will not see that problem

Cheers