Re: How to keep the coordinate system the same when plotting usrbin distributions

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:36:59 -0700

Thank you Mario,

I did not take the example you sent me literally, I took your suggestion and looked at the gnuplot command in the flair
execution window. The mistake I made was not flipping the geometry axis as well (well, I actually didn't know how till
I looked at your example). This worked:
splot 'TR24_Mo100_BPdistXZ_lg.dat' us 1:(-$2):3 notitle ,'Geometry-PlanView.dat' ind 0 us 5:(-$3):(0) w l ls 1 notit

I didn't know the last bit, i.e. "ind 0 us 5:(-$3):(0) w l ls 1 notit" dealt with the geometry axes. And can't make the
connection between the numbers and axes (i.e. how does z axis get the number 5 assignment while x number 3?).

So it works now. THANK you again for the guidance.
Still, I would like to hear from Vasillis as to why the default behaviour would require the above playing around. I
would understand it if someone wanted to change view points from that used in the geo-viewer/geo-editor, when plotting
2-D distribution of quantities from the usrbin estimator.

Wish you the best,
Mina

--
Mina Nozar, PhD