Question concerning relation between USRBDX and USRYIELD scoring

From: Ray F. Cowan <rfc_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:29:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a novice-level question regarding the relation between scoring by
USRBDX and that of USRYIELD.

The question: if I define a USRBDX detector to score photon 1-way current
exiting a region, and I define a USRYIELD detector to score the angular
distribution of photons w.r.t. the beam axis exiting the same region, will
the integrals of the two distributions be equal (that is, both show that
the same number of photons exited the region) when the double differential
distributions are properly integrated w.r.t. angles, energy bin widths, etc?

TO be specific, I am using a very simple geometry: a TARGET region (aluminum)
surrounded by a VOID region (vacuum) surrounded by a blackbody region. The
primary particles are 100 MeV electrons incident on the target.

My USRBDX and USRYIELD cards are shown below.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
--Ray

> USRBDX -1. PHOTON -52. TARGET VOID 1.0phoCur
> USRBDX 1.0E-5 100.0 1.0&
(I have set a 10 keV (1.0E-5 GeV) EMFCUT cutoff for photons).