Re: Question about USRYIELD double differential scoring options

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:56:43 +0100

Hi Ray

> Can someone explain how the two options "plain double differential
> cross-section" and "plain double differential yield" are related?

forget about the first one (which by the way is the default choice!) since
it multiplies the latter by the beam particle nuclear cross section (at
beam energy) in the material indicated by the user in the same USRYIELD
WHAT(12) field (see the manual: ixa + 100 * ixm, where ixa indicates the
kind of yield or cross section desired and ixm the target material if
needed in order to calculate a cross section, otherwise ixm = 0), which
typically - as in your case - should be set to 3.0 (ixa=3 and ixm=0).

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI