Re: How to simulate URANIUM 235?

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:04:45 +0100

Hi,

be careful:

i. for alpha emitters, as already pointed out
(http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/4853.html),
the present FLUKA version does NOT generate at all decay alphas, but lets
the isotope decay and transport only electromagnetic particles emitted
along the decay chain.

ii. no low energy (<20MeV) induced fission is explicitly simulated, since
the multigroup treatment applies. This means that fission fragments are
just separately sampled for residual nuclei scoring purposes, but they are
not at all transported and the interaction of a given energy group neutron
with a given material isotope yields, in terms of energy deposition, a
fixed kerma value averaged over all the open reaction channels

Happy New Year

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI