Score residual nuclei produced from one element in a compound

From: Christina Urscheler <Christina.Urscheler_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:46:28 +0000

Dear FLUKA users,

In the attached input I have a compound consisting of 2 different elements. But I am interested in knowing the residual nuclei only produced from one of the two elements.

For this, I'm trying to find a way to determine the target nucleus of an inelastic reaction. I use the mgdraw.f routine and score ACMINI (?). But it somehow gives strange numbers for some cases: the value is 0 for the first inelastic interaction and afterwards the numbers are sometimes the same for different reaction. Therefore I am not sure if this is the variable I am looking for... Could anyone explain me, what ACMINI is exactly and if it make sense using it the way I do? Or is there a better variable giving maybe the atomic number of the target nucleus from a reaction?

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards,

Christina