Problems in fluka scripts with Ubuntu 12.04

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:16:47 +0200

Dear FLUKA colleagues
trying to use FLUKA on a very recent Ubuntu version (12.04) we found a problem
using compilation scripts for user routines (Fluka version is gfortran 64 bit, but this seems not relevant,
installed from scratch, FLUFOR is set to gfortran)

For example:
$FLUPRO/flutil/fff usrini.f
awk: line 0: regular expression compile failed (missing '(') )
/home/aafke/FLUKA_ubuntu/flutil/fff: 92: [: -le: unexpected operator
/home/aafke/FLUKA_ubuntu/flutil/fff: 109: /home/aafke/FLUKA_ubuntu/flutil/fff: [[: not found

We reconstructed that this occurs within ffluka.sh (called by fff) and
apparently it seems like if awk behaves (unexpectedly) in way which is different
from ordinary.

The same scripts of course run without problem if we install the same
FLUKA version on other Linux distributions (Fedora, Scientific Linux, CentOS, etc.)

Any idea?

        Giuseppe Battistoni and Aafke Kraan

--
INFN Milano