R: RE: Re: R: RE: Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous arithmetic operation.

From: <francesca.belloni_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 21:55:28 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Vasilis,
           thank you a lot.
After reading your answer I looked for the routine enionf.f, but it is not
available as source
(cd $FLUPRO
  grep -r "enionf" .
gives

./flutil/usbrea.map:
/home/irfulx157/mnt/fbelloni/workspace/FLUKA/FLUKA_2012/libflukahp.a(enionf.o)
./flutil/usbrea.map:
/home/irfulx157/mnt/fbelloni/workspace/FLUKA/FLUKA_2012/libflukahp.a(enion.o)
(enionf_)
./flutil/usbrea.map:
/home/irfulx157/mnt/fbelloni/workspace/FLUKA/FLUKA_2012/libflukahp.a(enionf.o)
(cmpips_)
./flutil/usbrea.map:
/home/irfulx157/mnt/fbelloni/workspace/FLUKA/FLUKA_2012/libflukahp.a(enionf.o)
(cmscio_)
./flutil/usbrea.map:
/home/irfulx157/mnt/fbelloni/workspace/FLUKA/FLUKA_2012/libflukahp.a(enionf.o)
(dedxfl_)
.....)

    What should I change in order to make the simulation to run up to the end,
please?
Does it help if I change the initial seed (that I am not sure I am able to
do), please?
I ask because a similar simulation (only the geometry is different.It includes
only the gas and the 10B), runs up to the end with just a couple of warnings.

Thanks a lot!!!
Regards,
Francesca

stanford.edu"<fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>, "fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org"<fluka-
discuss_at_fluka.org>
>Ogg: RE: Re: R: RE: Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point
exception - erroneous arithmetic operation.

>Dear Francesca,
>
>I could reproduce the error, which appeared to be a floating point precision
problem. Now is in the hands of level 3 support (Alfredo Ferrari) see below his
reply:

>... it is precision mismatch apparently peculiar of gfortran.
>It comes down from the enionf routine which sets the momentum (PLA)
>to 0 and the energy (EKIN) as initial kinetic - (total - mass) which
>apart rounding should be zero as well. The code has some tolerance on the
>rounding but apparently in some cases with gfortran the rounding is larger
>than expected, EKIN larger than 'epsilon" and PLA still zero...
>
>I changed the logic in enionf so that to get *exactly* zero for EKIN as
>well, I'll make a respin later
>
>Best Regards
>Vasilis

behalf of francesca.belloni_at_libero.it [francesca.belloni_at_libero.it]