Photon fluence suppression by Boron

From: <saneesh_at_iuac.res.in>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 15:37:44 +0530

Dear fluka experts,
         I am using fluka for designing a beam dump structure for stopping
secondary neutrons and gammas. I have used a mixture of paraffin
wax and boric acid as the material. There I found that the
addition of Boron into the paraffin wax reduces the secondary
gamma fluence drastically. I could not find a justification for
this gamma capture property of boron. I am attaching both the
input files and 2D spectra along with this mail. please help me to
resolve this problem.

Thanks and regards

Saneesh N

plot04.jpg