Making klongs decay at a fixed position

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 22:46:29 -0700 (MST)

I need to look at the behavior of a detector system when a beam of klongs
all decay at a fixed position (ZBEAM) along the beam line. The physical
decay volume is too short for the klong decay length (only about 4% of the
klongs will decay in it, and I need to bias the rate).

I thought LAM-BIAS could help, but I could not get it to work after trying
several variations. Also, the manual implies that klongs will remain
along with the decay particles, at least part of the time. I want the
decay particles without the klongs.

I tried a workaround by redefining the klong lifetime (in PAPROP). It
sort of works, but gets entangled with kshort. Is there a 'clean' way
to make things work?

Thank you,
Joe Comfort