[fluka-discuss]: Problem with LET, USRYIELD and material

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:44:07 +0200

Dear experts and users,

I have to face a problem concerning the LET determination in a specific
material.
A tablet made up of cartilage (corresponding to the skeleton-cartilage
in the material database) is irradiated with carbon ions (13C) at 75
MeV/u. I would like to determine the LET of carbon ions at the entrance
and exit of the cartilage cylinder. I used the USRYIELD scoring, with
d2N/dx1dx2, x1 is the LET and x2 the particle charge. As material in
WHAT(12), if I put WATER or any material present by default in Flair, it
is OK, with good accordance with MCNPX and SRIM calculations for WATER.
But if I change the material for skeleton, FLUKA does not run and
reveals errors. File .err is empty, log file shows some problems that I
can not identify :

Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous
arithmetic operation.

Backtrace for this error:
#0 0x7F81862D70F7
#1 0x7F81862D76D4
#2 0x7F8185A2349F
#3 0x641995 in master.0.dpdxio at dpdxio.f:380
#4 0x4CC2B1 in getlet_ at getlet.f:117
#5 0x49AD68 in master.0.usrsco at usrsco.f:5242 (discriminator 4)
#6 0x4A382F in usrscy_ at usrsco.f:4355
#7 0x72CA72 in master.0.geoden at geoden.f:189
#8 0x72E9DE in geobdx_ at geoden.f:170
#9 0x501C90 in kaskad_ at kaskad.f:3482
#10 0x4F0FA8 in feeder_ at feeder.f:257
#11 0x40A322 in flukam_ at flukam.f:3149
#12 0x4078BB in fluka at fluka.f:288
#13 0x7F8185A0E76C
Floating point exception (core dumped)

My input file is attached.
Should I forget or misunderstanding something?

Many thanks for your help.
Jean-Emmanuel

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Chimie-Physique & Rayonnements
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex