[fluka-discuss]: Re: About statistical error

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:27:47 -0700

>Hi,
>
>what is mean by independent run?

By independent run I meant those in which you put a different seed number
in the 'RANDOMIZ' card

>what will do seed of the previous run? does it will run the same random
>number sequence?

Sorry, I don't quite understand the question as it is phrased. But I guess
the answer is NO, the sequence will obviously not be the same for runs
with different seeds.

>Also If your number of histories are large and number of cycle are also
>high.
>then making independent run will really change your result much???????

'Much' what? Time consuming? Please don't get confused. My recommendation
was that if you have several CPU's available instead of having many
catenated run on a single machine you could distribute the load over
several machines, but them you would need to remember to give a different
seed to each run through RANDOMIZE