RE: [fluka-discuss]: Error with bringing up geoviewer

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 08:06:52 +0000

Hi Mina,

each geometry viewer creates a pool of threads equal to the number of the cores. Maybe since you have 24 cores x 4 = 96 threads are
exceeding the system settings. You could try to limit the number of requested threads per viewer by
un comenting the line 127 of the viewer.cc
#ifdef THREAD
        , threadpool(2)
#endif
and change to the number of threads you like the system to create.
My guess 4-6 should be sufficient.

Vasillis