Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to set jagged geometries (fwd)

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:10:28 +0100

Hello
it is not only the opinion of Roberto. There have been already a lot of
aswers to your question, all telling you that
FLUKA cannot be used on such small geometries. The problem is in the
physics, not in the "geometry". The code is perfectly capable to "step"
the particle in a small geometry, but the description of atomic
processes that it uses needs a minimum length to be reliable. Please
note that this is a common intrinsic feature of all "condensed history"
transport codes, from EGS to MCNP to FLUKA. You can find plenty of
papers in the literature.
I hope that this time I've been clear enough
Paola