[fluka-discuss]: RE: Unable to process files from flupix

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:17:19 +0000

Hi Jonathan,

from your supplied information is not possible to understand what the problem is.
However possible causes could be:
1. You have a USRBIN in your input with too many bins (nx*ny*nz > 40000000) and you are hitting the memory limit of usbsuw
2. usbsuw requires a lot of memory so if you are running fluka at the same time maybe you reached the memory allocated on the VirtualBox
3. You might mix up in the same unit formatted and unformatted or other type of scoring (normally all these should be avoided with flair)
4. Insufficient permissions to read/write the input/output files
5. You filled the virtual disk

Please verify if any of the above is the cause and if you are still unable to locate the problem then send us the input file

Vasilis