Re: [fluka-discuss]: info about installation

From: Thanasis Manousos <athmanou_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:45:00 +0100

Dear Giuseppe,

Actually I cannot say what is the best, as all of the platform that you
are referring are Linux distributions ans FLUKA can be compiled in every
Linux machine.
Now, if you are an experienced linux user you can use any distribution
you like and then install FLUKA from "scratch"
For more information see: http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=ins_run&mm2=3

Otherwise, if you don't want to get into any installation problems that
may occur, you can use an rpm-based distribution (like Fedora for
example). In this case, you'll just need to download and install the
.rpm package of FLUKA and Flair.

Best regards,
Thanasis Manousos

--