Re: [fluka-discuss]:

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:09:39 +0100

Dear Pratip,
in addition to what nikhil answered,
it is always better to set also the production thresholds, with the
PROD-CUT sdum.

As explained in the manual, "When the transport cutoffs in a given region
are larger than those of production for discrete interactions in the
corresponding material, particles with energy higher than production
thresholds and lower than transport cutoffs are not transported but are
still generated (their energy is deposited at the point of production). It
is suggested to avoid such a situation unless it is really necessary, as
particle generation demands a considerable computer time"
Regards
Paola

> Dear all,
>
> How do I set the electron and positron thresholds in EMFCUT card to score
> KERMA? Which of the following should I use:
>
> 1. PROD-CUT
> 2. ELPO-THR
> 3. ANNH-THR
> 4. PHOT-THR
> 5. PHO2-THR
>
> Please give a specific example regarding the different cutoff values.
>
> Any helpful reply will be highly appreciated.
>
> Pratip Mitra
> BARC, India

Paola Sala
INFN Milano