Re: [fluka-discuss]: The meaning of coincidence and anti-coincidence in Fluka

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:42:58 +0100

Dear colleague

FLUKA provides an (anti)coincidence scoring option for energy deposition.

With this option, energy deposition within an event (=cascade caused by
one primary particle) can be scored in detector regions in
(anti)coincidence with a total energy deposition above a certain
threshold in one or several "trigger" regions. The scoring is performed in
1024 bins covering a user-defined energy interval.

All the above (trigger and detector regions, min and max scoring energy,
energy threshold) can be defined with the input card DETECT. I'd like to
invite you to have a look at the description of this input option in
the manual. If any specific questions to what is explained there remain,
please don't hesitate to ask again.

Any other coincidence scoring, e.g. production of a certain particle in a
certain phase space in (anti)coincidence with the production of another
particle elsewhere can certainly also be done, even using timing (particle
"age" in an event), but its up to the user to implement scoring via user
routines. Giving further hints in this regard would require more details
of what you would actually like to calculate.

Cheers
Stefan