[fluka-discuss]: Re: how to view the file type bnn with gedit ?

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:51:32 +0100

Hi

It is always better to send the questions directly to the discussion list <
fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org>. There is always at least one member of the FLUKA
team in "shift" who will be able to answer much better than I can.

Here, FLAIR generates a .bnn file that is unformatted. To obtain an ascii
file, you will have to process this with USBREA. Please see
http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=84 and I quote thus;

"Two programs, USBSUW and USBREA, are available with the normal FLUKA code
distribution in directory $FLUPRO/flutil. USBSUW allows to compute standard
deviations over several runs, and returns the standard deviations and the
averages in an unformatted file. USBREA reads an unformatted file and
returns the equivalent formatted file, including the standard deviations if
the input file was produced by USBSUW."

Best
Sunil