Re: [fluka-discuss]: Interactions at surface between air and air

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 13:23:02 +0200

Hi Kilian

So I wonder, what exactly is happening around the surface between the
> sourounding air and the air in the region. Are there any effects, because
> FLUAK is perhaps switching between multi- and single-scattering? Or is
> Fluka adapting path.lengths of the particles, when being near to a
> regionborder?

Yes FLUKA is doing it, but you can fully control this with the MCS
parameters (see the manual for more details).

I have a doubt on what exactly are you plotting on the Y-axis of the 1D
graph? Is it a slice of the USRBIN, the central bin or what?

But I think this is not your problem.

Your curves for 5E5 events have large errors; the curves for 1E7 are
compatible with the both the 5E5 ones and, if you look carefully, the
curves for 1E7 primaries are in the middle of both curves realized with 5E5
primaries.

The position of the peak tells you that the energy is the same e

You can try to run again one of the case with a different random seed and
try to see which are the effects. Be sure to average a few bins around the
beam.

Best,
V.