Re: [fluka-discuss]: Interactions at surface between air and air

From: Kilian Baumann <baumann.kilian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 14:34:13 +0200

Dear Vittorio and Luigi,

thank you for your answers!
Since the energy is given in GeV/n (n: nuclear unit mass) with a nuclear
mass of 12 (6 protons and netrons each for carbon-ions), I should state
0.960 GeV in WHAT(1) to get 80 MeV carbon-ions?
And in the graphs the Y-axis is stating the dose I have measured with the
USRBIN (unit 22 BIN) called "zoom".
However, when using a sufficient amount of primaries, can I ignore the
effects at the surface?
And concerning the different ransom seed: when simulating, I used 50 runs,
while each run gets a different random seed. To get the primaries, I only
changed the corresponding number in the start card. Is that what you meant?
Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards,
Kilian