RE: [fluka-discuss]: Flair and ubuntu 14.04

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 11:56:30 +0000

Hi Jean-Emmanuel

its very difficult for me to provide versions for each OS, release and CPU architecture. Typically I am compiling in the latest
version of Fedora and I convert the package for debian. However this requires that the python, tk/tcl versions are the same
which was the case for Ubuntu until 13.10. From 14.04 they changed the version, and Fedora will catch up in 6 months.
However it will break all SLC, CentOS, Redhat etc...

I am working on a solution but for the moment the best is to download the source code of geoviewer and compile it
for your system, then you don't need any symbolic links.
Compiling from source is straight forward, please look the README file for instructions

V.