Re: [fluka-discuss]: Using info. from USRBIN

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 17:25:33 -0700

Thanks Mario,

I had set the proton transport threshold to 1 keV (default is 10 MeV for
DEFAULTS). Is that not low enough?

I am not sure that the step size is relevant to the bin size. I set the
step size just below the thickness of the window and that should be fine.

Anyhow, as Francesco pointed out, the discrepancy was due to not taking
into account the difference in the actual volume and the volume enclosed
by the usrbin region and making a mistake (from my part) in calculating
the total power dep. from the usrbin dat file.

Thanks and best wishes,
Mina