Re: [fluka-discuss]: Proton beam on converter material. "low energy neutron xsec not found..."

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 11:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Vegard,

The reason for the error message you've got has been forewarned in the MATERIAL
card section of the FLUKA manual:
* If low-energy neutron transport is desired, the material name must coincide
with that of one of the low-energy neutron cross section materials in the Fluka
library (see (10) <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=96> ), or a
correspondence must be set using option LOW-MAT
<http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=48> .

You can find the correction for URANIUM from the following table in FLUKA
manual:

10.4.1.2} List of materials for which cross sections are available in the 260
neutron, 42 gamma group library:

For fission-related issues and discussions you may like to google the following:
fission site:fluka.org

More than one card are available for scoring particle fluence and production:
USRTRACK, USRYIELD, RESNUCLE, among others. All of which are thoroughly covered
in the course lectures:
http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=course&sub=program&navig=2&which=dresden2013

:) mary