RE: [fluka-discuss]: Output file: stopping powers

From: Ferreira De Almeida Lourenco, Ana <am.lourenco_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 10:05:51 +0000

Dear Paola and all,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

I need to consider the unrestricted collision stopping powers. Is there a way to print these values? From the subtraction, total unrestricted stopping power - nuclear unrestricted stopping power, I could calculate them, but the DELTARAY card is not printing the nuclear stopping powers. Why is this happening?

Also, I compared the total unrestricted stopping powers from ICRU49, with the ones that FLUKA uses and I got a good agreement below of 0.1% over the entire energy range for water. But for graphite, this is not the case, special for low energies. I'm using the same I-value and density that ICRU49 uses for graphite (I-value = 75eV, density = 1.7 g.cm-3).
(I can dig up the data if necessary).

Many thanks for your time.
Ana