RE: [fluka-discuss]: ICRES and IBRES not filled for neutron capture on 1H

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 13:26:17 +0000

Dear Josh,

In your case of neutron capture on 1-H (assuming that point-wise cross sections are applied) you can find the deuteron on the FHEAVY stack. In particular, the deuteron is identified through KHEAVY(xx) being equal to 3. In a similar way as looping over GENSTK entries (e.g. to get the produced photon), you can loop over the fheavy stack to determine the deuteron, e.g.:
           DO IP = 1, NPHEAV
              IF(KHEAVY (IP) .EQ. 3) THEN
       * Write out energy:
                    WRITE(79, *) TKHEAV (IP)
               END IF
           END DO

Just for completeness (if you look at other interactions): the other particle codes in KHEAVY are 4 = 3-H, 5 = 3-He, 6 = 4-He,7-12 = "Heavy" fragment specified by IBHEAV (=charge) and ICHEAV (=mass).

Cheers, Anton