RE: [fluka-discuss]: the random seed does not work(B

From: Christian Buhl Sorensen(B <christian.buhl.soerensen_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 07:22:08 +0000

Dear Ran,

That also baffled me, when I started out in fluka. The random seed works fine, but because of an error before the random seed is written, the ran-file is not generated.

Usually, a folder remains, named 'fluka_[some_pid]', which contains the files that are important to study, namely .out, .log and .err. - files. Note that in the .log-files, the important stuff is at the top, where the others are at the bottom of the file.

Check the following slides as well; https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/contribution/28/material/slides/0.pdf

So, study the .out files (the command 'fless' is extraordinarily handy for that), and figure out what the problems are!

Cheerio,
      Christian Buhl