[fluka-discuss]: Question Fluka license

From: Joakim da Silva <jd491_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:36:27 +0100

Dear All,

I am currently using Fluka to simulate proton beams in water to use the
depth-dose profiles in an analytical proton therapy pencil beam dose
calculation engine. Further I intend to use Fluka as a gold standard to
verify the pencil beam algorithm in simple geometries and representative
patient cases.

I recently gave a short talk at the ENLIGHT meeting at CERN and was
informed that I might need explicit permission before I can use Fluka in
this way. My interpretation of the license agreement has been that
permission is needed when comparing or validating the results produced
by Fluka against measurements or other MC simulations according to point
13, but not when using Fluka itself as a gold standard. I apologise if
this interpretation is wrong and, if so, would like to apply for
permission to use it as described in the above paragraph. I would be
pleased if someone with the necessary authority could let me know what I
need to do.

I will be giving a presentation at AAPM next week and it would be great
if I would be able to include some preliminary results, so a quick reply
would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Joakim