Re: [fluka-discuss]: UsrMed Energy modulation

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:32:46 +0200

Dear Yuri Simeonov,
The energy of particles cannot be changed inside usrmed.f, attempting to
do s it would make the program crash or give meaningless results. If you
could explain in more detail your problem could try to see if there is a
way to solve it.
Regards
Paola

> Dear fluka experts,
>
> I want to use UsrMed.f routine to modulate the energy of each particle,
> which is transported into a user-defined material (Initial source is C12).
> As I calculate the energy using an equation, I need to know the specific Z
> and A of each particle inside the UsrMed (Z will vary due to
> fragmentation). Which variables should I use?

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148