[fluka-discuss]: Co60 gamma field

From: Uwe Riesterer (uwe.riesterer_at_hs-furtwangen.de) <uwe.riesterer_at_hs-furtwangen.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:03:13 +0200 (CEST)

Dear FLUKA-Team.

I´m an absolutely rookie in FLUKA. For which reason I mainly use the graphical
interface Flair on FLUPIX. But for my work I have to simulate a gamma field
(85*120cm) generated by a little cobalt 60 source (radiant in all directions),
with different absorber materials in it. The result should be a 2D view of the
gamma radiation through the various absorbers (Pb, Fe, Al and PMMA) with the
corresponding weakening.

The geometry etc. is not the problem, but I have problems with:

* the correct configuration of the Co60 BEAM

* what setting is the right one for my problem and how I have to configure it
(is it USRBIN, RADDECAY ...)

I work a lot with the Flair- & FLUKA-Manual, but without the necessary
experience in this area it´s not easy.
I´m learning by trying and doing.

So please, could you help me further?
Or do you have any suggestions?

Riesterer Uwe

Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences
Security & Safety Engineering