Re: [fluka-discuss]: Quadrupole magnets

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <Михаил Полковников> <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:55:47 +0400

On 13.10.2014 19:59, Kilian-Simon Baumann wrote:
> Dear Fluka-experts,
>
> I am building/simulating a device for the particle therapy. Since the
> beam is focused with the help of qudrupole magnets to maintain a
> convergent beam, I wanted to ask, if there is a (if possible, easy)
> way to build those quadrupole magnets in Fluka.
> However, if it is too complicated to handle those quadrupole magnets
> in Fluka, is there any other way to get a convergent beam?
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Kilian Baumann
Dear Killian,

I'm not an expert, but in advanced course there is an example of dipole
and quadrupole magnets for particle therapy.
So if you know precise geometry of magnet and field map may be its
possible to simulate a convergent beam for your purpose.

Example PDFs:
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/portugal2010/Exercises/Exercises_Day2.pdf
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/portugal2010/Exercises/Exercises_Day3.pdf

Best regards,