[fluka-discuss]: FW: jtrack in endraw or comscw

From: Francesca Fiorini <francesca.fiorini_at_oncology.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:08:54 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I'll try again with my question. I have a problem with JTRACK. I am using MGDRAW and in particular ENDRAW to score the deposited energy and other quantities in a region. Well it seems that I am detecting particles with JTRACKs equal to 208, 211 and 308, which I suppose are generalised "energy" particles (208=ENERGY, 211=EM-ENRGY...). In fact, if I ask ENDRAW to give me the mass for these ‘particles’ (AM(JTRACK)), I receive the error: "Fortran runtime error: Index ‘208’ of dimension 1 of array ‘am’ above upper bound of 64." Is this because I should not score jtrack or any quantity depending on it in ENDRAW? I have exactly the same problems if I score Jtrack in COMSCW.

If instead I detect the same quantities with BXDRAW the results seem reasonable: Jtrack does not assume those strange values and I have no problems with scoring mass, charge… but that is a boundary scoring and unfortunately I don’t need that.

Many thanks for your help
Francesca

Francesca Fiorini, PhD
CRUK and MRC Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology
Old Road Campus Research Building
Off Roosevelt Drive
University of Oxford
Oxford, OX3 7DQ