Re: [fluka-discuss]: RE: The unit of USRBDX

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Amy / Zhenghua,

If you specify part=DOSE-EQ in USRBDX, you get dose equivalent (pSv), which is
radiobiologically weighted. You won't get dose (GeV/g), which is a purely
physics quantity. The latter is the energy actually deposited in matter; the
former is not.

In case you want dose, specify part=DOSE, don't specify part=DOSE-EQ.

DOSE-EQ is obtained from folding particle fluence with fluence-to-sievert
conversion factors. There are different sets of fluence-to-sievert conversion
factors, one of them is AMB74. The "D efault (DOSE-EQ scoring and option
 AUXSCORE <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=11> not given): AMB74"
you quote speaks of the default for DOSE-EQ scoring, not the default for USRBDX.

:) mary