Re: [fluka-discuss]: Stopping power and range

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:37:19 +0100

Dear Metin Usta,
please have a look at this answer
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6825.html
and be careful to units, the fluka output is in GeV/cm.
If you really see " very high" discrepancies, please let us know for which
particle/material/energy, and the values.

Regarding the "range calculation", do you mean to get a table of ranges?
this is not available in fluka, if you need values for guidance please
refer, for instance, to the NIST web site. Otherwise, you can score energy
or fluence along particles path, for instance with usrbin scoring, and
find the simulated range (be careful with thresholds, ionization
potentials, etc)
hope this helps
Paola
> Dear Fluka Experts,
>
> I obtained the stopping power values using DELTARAY option with Flair
> (eta shell corr. restr.dE/dx nuc.dE/dx res.nuc.dE/dx). Which one is the
> electronic stopping power from this values? I used to total unrestricted
> stopping power, but output values are very high than SRIM and so on.
> Moreover, how can I do the range calculations in Fluka? I would be glad if
> you could help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
>
> Arş. Gör. Metin USTA
> Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi, Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi, Fizik Bölümü,
> 31034
> Hatay .
> +90 507 9840188
> +90 326 2455845/1638
> faks:+90 326 2455867
> Research Assistant Metin USTA
> Physics Department, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Mustafa Kemal
> University, 31034 Hatay/TURKEY
> mobile:+90 507 9840188
> phone:+90 326 2455845/1638
> fax:+90 326 2455867