[fluka-discuss]: Total Dose in a certain region

From: martina senzacqua <senzacqua.1163436_at_studenti.uniroma1.it>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 11:46:20 +0100

Dear Fluka experts
I am facing a theoretically simple task in which I found some throuble.
My task is to evaluate the toal dose (in Gy) given to a certain simple body
(e.g. a cube) when exposed to a certain source. To give an example, I am
thinking to an "hand" exposed to a pointlike source.
So what I want is simply the total dose given to the hand (cube) volume.

Can I just use a Region USRBIN for the cube region? Is what I get the total
dose in that volume per incident particle?
My doubts arise from the fact that scoring by Region there is no division
by volume in the result as i understood, but somehow the volume as to be
considered for the total dose to the hand, no!?

So, to make it simple: is the USRBIN card with the Region binning the right
thing to do?
Thanks in advance

Martina

p.s. I found a pretty interesting topic here (
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6437.html), but
it was not completely clarifying..