[fluka-discuss]: Residual activity in target caused by given nuclide

From: Semen Kuten <kut_at_inp.bsu.by>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:46:27 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,
The task I solve is a residual nuclei,activity and dose rate distributions in the target (Fe+Cu+trace amount of Co-59)
after 1 week irradiation with 450 GeV proton beam after cooling time (1 week and 1 year), caused by Co-60 (Z=27,A=60).

As far as I understood from Fluka Forum, in this case Fluka can not determine dose rate distributions, caused by Co-60.

As for caused-by-Co-60 activity, I have used recompiling Fluka with corresponding user file ( attached fecu.inp and comcsw.f).
Total (over nuclides) and caused-by-Co-60 activities are obtained through variable ACTIVITY. They seem to be
reasonable (first is greater than second).
But if I am trying to obtain this information through variable RESNUCLE, I can not understand the results corcerning
Co-60 nuclide and its activity. One and the same quantitity (Co-60 activity) has different values (see below)

Result for 1 nuclide only:Co-60/cooling time:1 week/ comcsw.f indicates this binning (#1) -> IF(ISCRNG.EQ.3.AND.JSCRNG.EQ.1)
fecu_29_sum.lis
 Residual nuclei distribution **** **** (Bq/cmc)
                      Co-60 1.21E+02
Result for all nuclides, below Co-60 data only/cooling time:1 week/ comcsw.f does not indicate this binning (#2)
fecu_30_sum.lis
 Residual nuclei distribution **** **** (Bq/cmc)
                      Co-60 2.41E+02

How can these results be interpreted ?
How can caused-by-Co-60 activity(total activity for Co-60) from RESNUCLE be compared with the one from ACTIVITY
(2D or 3D distribution in target)?

Thank you very much for your help,

Siamion Kutsen