Re: [fluka-discuss]: info about Fluka and Flair installation

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:22:19 +0100

Hi Giuseppe,
 I've been using FLUKA on FC21 installed by the rpms (x86_64 and i686)
simply using *yum* (as *root* or through *sudo*)

I have no problem with the status bar.

> status bar of primaries below the one of cycles has disappeared,
> as well as the numbers "Elapsed:" "Cycle:" "Run:" "time/prim:"

I guess you installed it through the tarball and you miss some dependencies.

If you do a
> *yum install fluka-2011.2c-0.i686.rpm *
or
> *yum install fluka-2011.2c-0.x86_64.rpm *
depending on the system you have. You can install the 32 bit version (g77)
on a 64bit system. *Yum* will take care of the dependencies

All the libraries will be correctly installed except the compiler which you
get doing a
> *yum install compat-gcc-34-g77*

You should also try to install flair/flair-geoviewer using yum as all the
necessary packages will be downloaded.

For a 32bit system
> *yum install http://www.fluka.org/flair/flair-2.1-1.noarch.rpm
<http://www.fluka.org/flair/flair-2.1-1.noarch.rpm>