[fluka-discuss]: DICOM Import Explanation

From: Bartkoski,Dirk Alan <DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:57:28 +0000

I have been trying to import CT DICOM images using flair. I can import them and look at the slices. I have opened the head.mat and material.inp example files. There are a few things I do not understand about the process as explained in the online "Voxel and Medical Applications" slides.

1. I do not understand the meaning of "voxel-region number". In the .mat file you specify the HU value ranges that belong to each material that is specified in the material.inp file. I do not where or how the voxel-region number is supposed to be assigned.

2. flair is supposed to generate regions based on the organ number. This does not happen. I assume it because I can't figure out how to assign organ numbers.

Any clarity or direction to additional tutorial resources or examples would be most appreciated.

Dirk A. Bartkoski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow | Radiation Physics
[MDACC Logo]
Mays Clinic (ACBP1.2972.1)
1515 Holcombe Blvd., Unit 1202
Houston, TX 77030
(713) 745-8124 Office | (865) 310-7349 Mobile
dabartkoski_at_mdanderson.org<mailto:dabartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>