[fluka-discuss]: CT Scan scoring low dose equivalent

From: CRISTINA BAHAMONDE CASTRO <cristina.bahamonde_at_utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 01:15:45 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm trying to get the total dose equivalent in pSv deposited in a CTSCAN voxel geometry using the USRBIN card produced from the DICOM tool in flair. My source is a sphere of alpha particles of 6.48MeV isotropic.

When looking at the output file, stars are created but no dose appears recorded in the voxels and no integrated dose over the volume appears in the output either. Nevertheless, when I plot the fort 99 file using Flair's Plot tab the dose map is created with no issues and a maximum, minimum and integral value are also calculated to be 0.029 pSv/primary and cm3. This dose appears extremely low to me.

Also, no stars are recorded when I try to perform smaller runs, such as 1000 primaries for example.

Flair's output shows no anomalies and the .err file after the simulation is finished only shows the amount of stars produced.

Thanks so much for your help

Cristina
[X]