Re: [fluka-discuss]: usryield

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 09:00:34 +0200

Dear Bo Yang,

first of all you did not score dose, but photon fluence (in USRYIELD you
asked for PHOTON). In this respect, your AUXSCORE card is meaningless,
since there you further filter on PHOTON, which is useless, and you invoke
a conversion coefficient set that makes sense only if associated to
DOSE-EQ scoring, as clearly pointed out in the manual (AUXSCORE's SDUM).

Now, for your 200 MeV electron beam impinging on a ~3mm tantalum target,
the expected photon angular distribution is very forward peaked (as you
can realize by scoring as a function of angle, using more than the
single bin you asked for kinetic energy). Therefore it is pretty normal
that you see something at zero deg and nothing beyond 40 deg, which is
where you inspect with the other USRYIELD detectors.

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI